Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chapter Four--In which I talk about what NaNoWriMo is and what it means to me.

I am a proponent of many causes. Prevention of Domestic Violence, Gay Marriage, etc. All of which strike a personal chord with me. One of which is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo.

This is a fairly recent cause that I took part in because of the fact that writing is now something that I will be doing to make a living. Whether it would be writing news articles or writing a screenplay; whatever the choice the may be at the time to put money on the table. This type of writing is something that I take part in semi-regularly. I say semi-regularly because I have always found things that take precedent and--as a result--my semi-regular event in falls by the wayside. Nevertheless, this type of writing is a good catharsis for me especially after a hectic day and all hope sems to be lost. I urge all people to take part in this event, even if they don't write. You never know what you can do in just 30 days time!

2 comments:

  1. Are there any other rules for the competition besides the word-count? My mom is working on a short, children's book, so I might let her know about NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, if you love writing then you should never let it fall aside due to current commitments. The more you commit yourself, the more you write and the more you make it a priority, the better you will get at writing!

    ReplyDelete